Just the four of us

Just the four of us

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Sibling tour at the hospital and glucose tolerance test.

This past Sunday was very special. It was our sibling tour at the hospital. Colton did the tour for Waylon and this was Waylon's first time. He was so excited!


They practiced changing diapers and they put the stuffed animal they brought on the scale and under the warmer . It was so cute.

Then they showed us the waiting rooms for family and a room you may be in. We were lucky and saw two babies leaving the hospital that day. Waylon said they are so small. They showed us the C-section delivery room and where daddy scrubs in at. I got a little nervous . Its about twelve weeks until my third C-section. My husband keeps telling me you got this.  They asked if anyone was having a planned delivery and I was the only one .

There were six families on the tour. Out of the six families four were having girls this summer, one boy , and one family was going to be surprised. I've been meeting lots of women having girls right now.

The only thing that was new to me is that they did away with the nursery. I had no idea they did that.
I saw my doctor this week for my glucose tolerance test and she said it was state mandated. They  are trying to encourage all moms to breastfeed there babies. I just found this very interesting.

At the end of the tour they both got a prepared big brother certificate and a coloring book with crayons.  

This past Wednesday I passed  my glucose tolerance test . I chose the orange drink over the red and tried to drink it as fast as I could . My number was better then my other two pregnancies.  I was so happy for that. While waiting for an hour to prick my finger I met the sweetest lady and she was having to repeat her test . She had to sit three hours, I was so happy I didn't have to come back for that test. We were both having girls :)


We are about to enter the third trimester and I am very excited! The scheduled delivery is supposed to be July 14th or 15th. The doctors office is working on that right now. My baby shower is also being planned by my sister and mom. 

We are starting to repaint the whole house this weekend. And working to get her room ready. It's moving so fast but I can't wait to meet Adelyn Nicole! 
Target was having this awesome deal on diapers so we took advantage of it. Three boxes of size one and three boxes of size two. We got 55 dollars back in target gift cards. 

This is me getting some of the paint to start our project . I will need a lot more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment