Just the four of us

Just the four of us

Monday, July 6, 2015

Blueridge mountain vacation.

We just got back from four days of relaxation in Boone/ Blowing Rock NC.
It was an awesome trip . We stayed in a beautiful cabin that was located on the blueridge parkway. I  can't wait to stay there again. The yard was so nice and there was a fire pit for marshmallows.
At this cabin there is a hiking trail in the woods that leads down to a creek.
Early in the morning when I sat out on the porch  with my coffee I would see deer and wild turkeys.
there was a basketball court  set up and Colton loved that..
playing basketball at the cabin
upper creek falls
colton sliding 
Waylon watched us slide he really wanted to go ..
yummy
breezy morning 
the field at our favorite trail

snack time in the woods



our favorite trail 



marshmallows


The first day we took Colton back to upper creek falls to go rock sliding .  Colton wore his water shoes to hike and   I noticed them after we had been hiking about a  mile and I offered to go back and get his regular shoes in the car but he said it's okay. hiking down was easy but on the  2.5   mile hike up Colton wished he had his sneakers. I saw the lower falls and that looked like so much fun . There was a group of teenagers there sliding on floats and they were not very good at taking turns. We went back to the slide we found with Julie and had fun there  all by ourselves.. The water was colder .
sliding is so much fun

We took turns with Colton while the other sat with Waylon . My husband hated the cold water more than me. He went two time And I went three . Colton ended up going about ten times.'




view from the cabin 

On Saturday we went tubing down the new river . I didn't take my phone but I took my gopro and two disposable waterproof cameras. This vacation was so fun and I was sad when we packed the car to come home..



 cabin 
bubbles
the boys love this hike at julian price park
MARSHMALLOW TIME EVERY EVENING 
MY MORNINGS WERE SO PEACEFUL

No comments:

Post a Comment